Friday, September 09, 2005

Money for Toronto!

Check out this picture of our mayor doing his Happy Gilmour impression.

Something must be wrong when our politicians make so much sense. Mayor Miller said:
"With gasoline prices going through the roof, funding for public transit has never been more important. The best way to keep people from being held hostage at the gas pump is to give them a real alternative to driving."

Unfortunately, I know that reasoning won't shut up the CAA.

Darren J 9/09/2005 01:51:00 p.m.

2 Comments:

Hi. I'm a long-time-listner, first-time-caller. I find your blog witty and insightful. Do you have any insite into bike locks?

Keep on biking and blogging!
Well, I have a u-lock that I like to keep resting on top of my rear rack held on by a bungee cord. That way it rattles around as I ride, acting like a pre-emptive bell-ringing for any pedestrians who might want to cross the road in front of me.

By the way, I hear it's good to use a combination of u-lock and chain/cable lock so a thief would need two tools.

I guess "long-time" is a relative term. You must be very, very young!

Add a comment