Thursday, September 15, 2005

Rain ready ride


Peugeot avec fenders
Originally uploaded by Darren J.
My wish came true yesterday and it did rain on my ride home. It worked out really well.

With a fully clear mind, I can say that it was a very enjoyable ride. I looked down with satisfaction at the brown water splashing from the top of my fender back down to my tire. I had no skunk stripe up my back. And with my new bright yellow rain coat, even the driver who was talking on his cell phone and reading the newspaper couldn't help but notice me. I ended up being given more than half the lane by almost everyone who passed.

Darren J 9/15/2005 11:44:00 p.m.

5 Comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Those look like the SKS fenders. I'm looking for the P45 size, in silver. My LBS has only the skinner ones. Can I ask if the ones on your ride are the 45s, and if so, where did you get them?
The ones I got have the Esge name on them, which I see is the old name for SKS.

http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fenders.asp

Mine are probably the slightly wider size since my tires are 700x28c and 700x25c. But I'm not sure. I looked on the packaging and it didn't have any numbers like 45 or 35.

I got them down at the Urbane Cyclist on John St. The woman working there recommended them.
Thanks, I'll give Urbane a call. I understand tha SKS and Esge are the same.

Add a comment