Monday, October 17, 2005

Cyclist killed in York Region

It is important that everyone around here knows about this. Here is a press release from the police.

Not only should we be aware of this simply out of respect for a fellow cyclist who was killed, but we should keep track of developments in the investigation. We need to see the outcome of the investigation and an appropriate response from authorities and the driver. I'm sure any one of us would like to see the same done for us.

Why this isn't covered more in the news media, I do not know. I heard about it from a friend last week, then searched the web and couldn't find any details. I read in last Friday's Newmarket Aurora Era Banner that 7% of trips in York Region are made by walking or cycling. That is a significant fraction of the population that would be interested in this story. The first I was able to read of it was through Martino's site. And if the police are trying to find witnesses, I expect they'll have a hard time if no one knows it.

Darren J 10/17/2005 03:26:00 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment