Tuesday, October 04, 2005

L'shanah tovah

I wish a good year ahead to my Jewish friends.

I rode past many well dressed people walking on their way to synagogue this morning. It seems like many Jewish people must choose their homes within walking distance of a synagogue. I wonder if anyone who is say 3 km away will ride a bike to synagogue. (I really did wonder it, and not just because I need to stay on topic in this blog!)

And it's probably the smoggiest Rosh Hashanah in a long time. This is the second day in a row with some serious smog. The smog was much more difficult to breathe back in July (or else I'm just getting used to it), but the thing I've noticed this time is that I arrive at work and my clothing is reaking of exhaust. I think this is new for me. And I don't ride on very busy streets.

Darren J 10/04/2005 12:44:00 p.m.

2 Comments:

I've got an anti-pollution mask I got from Mountain Equip. Co-op for $60, and it's worth every penny. Best thing I ever bought for my bike... atleast until I get some funky hokey-spokes. :)
I thought about getting one of those back in the beginning of the year, but by the time I got down to MEC, the smog had mostly let up. Maybe I'll get one next year when the smog starts again (in January).

I'd like to know how much of a difference there is in just wrapping a cotton rag over your face, or if that's totally pointless.

Add a comment