Sunday, November 20, 2005

Peace, man

My friend pointed out an inflammatory letter printed in this weeks edition of Now Magazine. I enjoy reading Now Magazine, not just to learn about what measurements are the going standard in the companionship market, but also to read coverage of local issues that you don't tend to see in the big newspapers.

Here's the letters page this week. If you're having trouble picking out which letter it is, search for "hood" or "ornaments".

Is this real? Has Now been saving this letter up for the next time they were hoping for a glut of letters from angry cyclists? It's not like I needed a newspaper to tell me that there is the odd jackass out there who only has respect for people living their lives in the exact same way as him.

Darren J 11/20/2005 10:31:00 p.m.

3 Comments:

I like that this guy/gal thinks that prior to about 100 years ago, roads didn't exist (since they were made exclusively for cars). They're going to have to re-write all those history textbooks about the Roman Empire's road system.
I don't understand why we all can't just get along. Mutual respect is all it takes.
I think some people really do see bicycles as toys and don't realize they are viable and efficient methods of transportation. I've spoken to otherwise intelligent people who seem to have this view.

That said I wrote a very intelligent letter to the editor of Now in regards to their poorly written article about the dangers of biking in traffic which they did not publish. And they publish this kinda crud instead. Baaah.

Add a comment