Friday, December 23, 2005

Time to start taking the train?

I recently found out about a good deal from a friend of mine. Usually I wouldn't want to be an advertising venue, but if I see a good deal that might help someone avoid hours of mind numbing driving on the 401, I'll pass it on.

Via Rail, which recently avoided a Christmastime strike, offers a deal they call a BizPack. It sounds like it's aimed at businesses, but that doesn't matter. If you buy 6 or 10 tickets at a time, the price of taking the train comes down to about the price of taking a Greyhound bus. And since the train is usually faster and more comfortable than the bus, it looks like a very good deal if you're traveling alone.

I hope Via can come up with more deals like this because their prices are the biggest down side to their service right now. I haven't taken a train in Canada since my student card and my student pricing expired many years ago.

Darren J 12/23/2005 03:37:00 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment