Friday, January 20, 2006

Sweating in January

This winter cycling is turning out to be so easy. I don't know what everyone was worrying me about. The roads are clear and the windchill is minimal. Well actually they should probably be reporting the humidex. Today I had my jacket undone and was begging for a breeze on my back. My trip home could be in a t-shirt with the expected high to be 11 C (52 F)! This may not be because of global climate change, but, at the very least, it's a damn strange January.

For the drive in today, I treated myself to my skinny tire bike (skinny being relative, since I have comfortable 28C and 26C tires). Weeks of riding on soft fat tires, really makes me appreciate the sweet ease with which I can crank myself up to 28 km/h on this bike. It felt great.

The worst thing about this weather is what it's doing for my street cred. I wanted to be a winter bike commuter!

Darren J 1/20/2006 02:00:00 p.m.

3 Comments:

Yup, I came in this morning in a t-shirt and windbreaker (and pants, of course). I've only got a "fat tire" bike, but aim aiming to put on some "road slicks" this spring to make up the efficiency of my energy output. :)
And, thanks for the BikingToronto link. :)
Hey stop complaining :) Or we're sure to get a nasty nasty cold snowy icy February.

Add a comment