Friday, May 05, 2006

Bicycles under the seats of power

If you haven't seen it already through Cleverchimp, check out this story in the International Herald Tribune (New York Times). I found it encouraging, and I hope some of our local politicians take notice of all the changes going on around the world. Maybe Bogota can teach us a lesson.

Bike Guy does have some influence, so I'm all for getting him on our side. We are freedom lovers, after all.

Chicago gets a mention in the article as a city with one of the most active cycling programs in the US. I've never cycled there. After reading the experiences of Chicago cyclists at Critical Mass, I have a feeling they aren't so encouraged by the way city operations are being run.

Locally, York Region is making some moves for starting a bicycle plan (Thanks for pointing this out, Darryl). I'll have to look into this some more.

Darren J 5/05/2006 04:02:00 p.m.

1 Comments:

I'm excited that York is embarking on a bicycle plan! I'll be participating for sure, and I urge other York Region riders to get involved.

Add a comment