Monday, August 28, 2006

Wintery Perfection

For the bike commuters like me who were quite proud of riding a bicycle all winter, yet were rewarded with: "well, it was a really warm winter" from various motorists, there is good news ahead!

According to the Farmer's Almanac, this upcoming winter is going to be perfect for getting frozen knuckles and well deserved props.

The cold will be impressive in the northern plains and the north-east of the United States. The nation will also have a frigid midsection (stop giggling). I wonder if this will have the disastrous impact on natural gas supply that Kunstler (see Nov 28) and others talked about last autumn. We'll soon find out.

While I'm on the topic, Kunstler will be speaking in Ottawa in a few weeks. He may not have given the most pleasant interview on Bikescape, but he always has an opinion and interesting predictions to make.

So we have a fun winter to look forward to. Get your studded tires before MEC sells out!

Darren J 8/28/2006 12:45:00 p.m.

2 Comments:

I'm not sure about all this enthusiasm you have. I'm not looking forward to paying the natural gas bill of a frigid winter..
But I want to ride through some snow and go sledding and go skating!

It's true, Tanya. I'm being a bit self centered. My landlord pays for heat (although, I know I'll feel the impact eventually).

Add a comment