Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The most valuable resource

Time has been scarce lately. I have been much too busy to relax and write stuff down lately. Instead, I'll pass on some things to read elsewhere.

A cyclist writes to motorists. This should be published in the Wheels section of the Toronto Star and other major newspapers.

God Bless America, and its wonderful system of lawsuits. Previously protecting us from hot coffee, it may now help stop the flooding of many of the world's coastal cities. I hear the defendants have some money and a few friends in high places, so we'll have to wait to see how it plays out.

I like the look of this recumbent. I could see myself cruising around town on it. I wonder what happens when you hit a bump though. You don't have rear suspension, and you can't really stand up for a second. Does it hurt the tailbone, or is the cushy seat enough?

Darren J 9/26/2006 03:33:00 p.m.

2 Comments:

I think I will try and edit it for a shorter version and send to some newspapers to see if they publish.
That Cycle Genius 'bent looks like a comfy ride. Probably a bit of a heavy beast though! I think it would be nice for shorter rides and cruising around.

Somewhat similar, but a little less "recumbent" are the newer crank-forward bikes from RANS. I think those bikes would be better for riding longer distances.

Of course, a real recumbent would be even better! ;-)

Add a comment