Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Next Generation

Last week, on a late commute home: I'm all decked out in reflective gear with my lights on. Two kids are in the back seat of an SUV driven by a woman who is in the process of running a red light. They're waving frantically, but I wasn't sure they were interested in me until they yelled "Hey Mister Biker! You rule!" A block later, I pass some kids in a park: "Cool bike."

So often, kids give me this look from the back seat of the car like: I wish I was doing something fun too.

Tomorrow is Bike Friday. Recall what you used to know so well: that riding a bike is fun and can get you places. Join me and others all over the city!

(I know if you're reading this, you're probably already riding a bike. I'm just practicing my rallying cry for the day someone accidentally puts a bullhorn in my hands.)

Darren J 9/28/2006 09:43:00 a.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment