Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Winter in Finland

Ah, the winter. I happened to find this video on Youtube of a guy cycling in "the arctic". He classified it as comedy, but I'm not really sure why. He's happily pedaling over the snow to inspiring 1970's-government-promo-music. Maybe he didn't intend it, but he makes winter cycling look easy and comfortable. Warning: the snow-covered pathways and frozen river will make you dream of the winters of yesteryear.

Labels:

Darren J 1/10/2007 08:05:00 a.m.

1 Comments:

There was a little bit of winter this morning. About 1-2 inches of snow on the ground here and quite a bit coming down still when I left home. The temperature was a 'balmy' -7C. Not bad for the middle of January.

In the weekend I took my studded tires of, because it took a lot of effort to drag them through the mud. I'm planning to leave them of this week, but according to the forecasts I might need them again next week. The studs definetely make a difference. My rear tire was sliding left and right this morning. I lowered my seat just in case.

I did follow your advice of some weeks ago and also replaced my break pads. The old ones were 18 years old and the rubber had gone very hard. They were fine above freezing, but at cold temperatures the rubber was to o hard to slow me down.

Anyway, it was a great ride again this morning. Fresh air, nice scenery and the sight of a fox crossing the road just in front of me to top it off.

Jeroen

Add a comment