Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Don River in February


This weekend I was aching for some time outside. I decided to ride as much as possible through the parks and make my way towards the lake. I wanted to get all the way out to the Leslie Spit and get a good view of the city in the winter, but those plans would change.

This is along the Don River Trail, passing under one of the many bridges.


The river bank was actually sandy under this bridge. Seeing sand and ice together seems unusual to me here, just like when I see the two together in movies about the Arctic.


The tree on the right has been ringed by a beaver, I assume. If you click on the photograph, you can see a bigger version. Now that I look at it, I see that two trees on the left may have also been ringed a while ago. I think this beaver is faced with a problem I know too well - too much ambition, too many ideas, and too much beer in the fridge.


This is Riverdale Park. It has one of the most impressive sledding hills around. On my way home, I managed to ride my bike about half way up it. I had to stop because my tires started to slip and I didn't want to ride into any kids, especially since some were more crazy than Super Dave Osborne and riding on sleds without helmets.


A church on the east side of the river.


Expressway, river, bike and walking path, train tracks, road.


At this point, my bike got very tired and I had to make my way home.

Labels: , ,

Darren J 2/13/2007 09:08:00 p.m.

1 Comments:

Great photos, Darren.

Add a comment