Friday, May 18, 2007

The Others - They're Out There

I always like to tell myself that I'm seeing more cyclists out on the road. It's difficult to have a reliable count because the numbers are so small and there are so many factors that affect the results, like what time I ride or the weather.

This evening, however, there was a sight very special for me on the road ahead. I had three (that's 3) cyclists ahead of me on Leslie Street as we crossed the 407. I'm usually excited to see just one.



Maybe it's the fine weather, or the upcoming long weekend. It doesn't really matter. It was nice to see.

Enjoy the weekend! I hope everyone gets to spend some time outside.

Labels: ,

Darren J 5/18/2007 08:11:00 p.m.

4 Comments:

That's awesome Darren! Great to see 4 cyclists together on an artery like Leslie!
I must have seen five or six cyclists yesterday in Oshawa/Whitby. And they were all on the road as opposed to the sidewalk!! I don't usually see any cyclists in Durham so that's a big improvement.
Isn't it amazing that the roads in fact are quite wide yet with all that space the idea of bike using a little for a bike lane is inconceivable?
Maybe when the pumps are all dry we will be complaining because there are too many bicycles on the road. Although I somehow doubt it.
I have been commuting now for one year. I think I had to get a ride one day out of 365 and now I am so used to it I'm turning down lifts to cycle 20km at night and don't even think twice about it.
It really is a state of mind.
Lovely shot.

Add a comment